Lucasarts unveiled the latest list of features for Star Wars: Empire at War which include the following items:
• Wage war on ground and in space - battle it out in space and then send down your remaining forces to invade the planet.
• All action is persistent - every decision affects the next battle and, ultimately, the fate of the galaxy. Play out your own personal version of Episode IV: A New Hope.
• Real-time strategy (RTS) 3D gameplay set in more than 40 ground and space locations including Yavin IV, Tatooine and Dagobah - each has its own specific advantage and/or resource.
• Construct ground and space structures, including space stations, factories and ion cannons.
• Deploy ground and space vehicles from giant Star Destroyers and AT-ATs to swift speeder bikes and X-wings.
• Access a variety of ground troops including stormtroopers and Rebel soldiers.
• Unique mission objectives such as rescues, sabotage, blockades and destruction.
• Begins several years before the events of Episode IV: A New Hope, including vehicles and locations from both the classic timeframe and Episode III.
• Play as the Rebels as they amass their forces and work to thwart the plans of the Empire, or serve the Empire and crush the Rebellion at its roots.
• Destroy the Death Star or use it as the ultimate power in the universe.
• Innovative multiplayer campaign mode lets two players battle for the galaxy and save games in progress. Up to eight players can compete in online skirmish modes.
• All-new game engine created by Las Vegas-based developer Petroglyph, composed of industry veterans responsible for classic RTS titles, including the Command & Conquer series.